- Self Confidence: If you can beat a challenge, or attempt one, every day it makes you feel like you are making progress in life.
- “Limits” won’t hold you back anymore. Limitations are often only set by ourselves or people that have never attempted to break those limits.
- Every day is filled with new experiences for you. The most common regret people have is that they didn’t do something because they were afraid to do it. While challenging yourself means to be afraid for a while afterwards you had made something shift by forcing a small moment of your reality into a better probability by conscious force of will. The meaning of this must not be missed. To quell denial and avoidance is to eliminate the grinding wheels of constant regret for things that might have been. When we break the pattern of excuse-making we are guaranteed authentic personal growth and we experience empowerment as never before. It's always a surprise when life reflects rewards for good high integrity work back to us.
- Others will view you with respect and awe. When you challenging yourself successfully you will find others filled with a mixture of jealousy, admiration, respect, anger, inspiration, awe, hate, fear, and excitement towards you. All because you are doing what they are too afraid to do and that gets them pissed off at themselves immensely.
- You will feel more in control of your life. If you can challenge yourself, beat old limits and drop fear from your life, you will have every reason to be in control. After all: There is nothing to contest it anymore.
Friday, August 19, 2016
From Wimp to Braveheart - It's All in the Moment
Right now. Did you see it? What you were doing just now when I said - "Right now"? Well, you missed out on a moment of possible change but fear not there are plenty more opportunities to come. Releasing the cultural brain freeze of lock-step hypnosis and living in the river of change is an exciting new trend in personal growth. When we consciously challenge ourselves in the present we design our future. To find out why this is so exciting, stick around you might end up a big winner.
HOW TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!
For the next hour, I try to challenge yourself in whatever you are currently doing. If you are at a public event go up to random people and try to start a conversation. If you are on the phone with a client try to listen better and use better logic and better diction to communicate a better idea or solution. And if you are working out, go for more sets and reps than you might normally do. Do something out of character or scary as often as possible to break the back of boredom sadness and the many forms of subtle depression that plagues our culture. Give value to anxiety by sparking your moments with new challenges rather than expending energy denying terminal regret. It takes some practice to master but coming up with new fun ways to handle moment to moment life. This is to wake up to possibility and to take the wheel to a bright future! If that is not fun what is?
If you make it fun you won't stop and will consciously shift reality to a bright future.
When you do these challenges be sure to do it no matter what. If you wimp out as soon as the alarm rings, or you make an excuse why you cannot challenge yourself right now, your life will not change. It only works if it is outside your comfort zone. But don't let that stop you. Anesthetize fear with combative phrases like "this is a piece of cake!" or "Nothing to it!" or get "Zen" in your own handy way ...and go for it. Yes, it does require you to step outside your comfort zone. But you will feel the difference at the end of every day, and a significant change in your life after just one week.
Try it for thirty days. The difference is astounding.