Scallops and Shrimp - For modified Gerson diet for "once a week fish" dish lovers.
Pre-heat serving plates in oven at 200 degrees (serves two)
12 large scallops, obtained from well known clean fishery
7 large shrimp (12-20 count) obtained from well known clean fishery
5 cloves garlic (more if desired)
1 tsp Dill (fresh or dried) more if desired
1/3 cup Organic non fat yogurt
5 tbs water
2 tbs olive oil (can be deleted from recipe with no significant consequence)
Bring six cups water to a boil in a large sauce pan.
Prepare the sauce:
- Pan roast finely chopped garlic cloves in three Tbs water for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add water as needed.
- Turn off the heat and and pour off excess water. As the pan cools toss in two tbs olive oil in with the water braised garlic and saute with no heat for 15 seconds. Then add the dill and yogurt to mix. Saute another 15 seconds allowing it to warm up a bit in still-warm pan. Do not reheat - keep flame off! Allow to warm from residual heat.
- Pour the garlic mixture into a hand mixer container or medium bowl. Mix for ten seconds on low. The sauce is now done.
Prepare the shrimp and scallops:
- Place the shrimp and the scallops in boiling water
- Remove the shrimp in no more than 1 1/2 minutes (1 minute for small shrimp)
- Remove the scallops in 3 minutes.
Remove plates from oven and place them on the counter. Pour half of the mixture onto each plate then place and arrange the shrimp and scallops on the plates artistically and serve!
Eating suggestion: Cut shrimp in 4 pieces and slurp up with a soup spoon to get the maximum sauce with each bite as it is a little thin. But the flavor is astoundingly fresh and the sauce goes remarkably well with the shrimp and scallops.
Note: Olive oil is briefly warmed off of direct heat in this recipe.