Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I dreamed I was shot

This morning I dreamed that I was sitting at a park bench at night.  The park was located at the beginning of a landing strip where airplanes can be seen flying very low just above you.  In the dream a plane had appeared like a dark shadow on a lighter but still nighttime sky then disappeared as it landed.  I got a feeling something bad was about to happen when I heard a person approach me.  I knew this person was up to no good and I turned to him stood up and he shot me.  I noticed that the bullet passed over my right shoulder.  He went to pull the trigger again and I forced myself to wake up.  In the twilight (half awake and half asleep) dreaming state the ensued I hypothesized how fear would have gotten me killed.  I ran different scenarios in my mind on the virtue of fearlessness and why, if I were to freeze with fear and become immobile that I would certainly die.  This is when I understood that I was to run and become a "hard to hit" moving target.  I never entered the dream where the shooter was pulling the trigger, but rather I remained in the twilight state hypothesizing different scenario's of escaping the death of a gunman bent on killing me.   On a dream analysis website it said:


"To dream that you are murdered, suggests that some important and significant relationship has been severed and you are trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. It also represents your unused talents.

To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience. Alternatively, the dream refers to drastic changes that are happening in your life. There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of or a habit that you want to end within yourself. Killing represents the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits."

No comments: