Saturday, October 24, 2009

Vegan Bodybuilding Diet

What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?

I am currently a Vegan (I do not eat meat and animal products such as dairy). I primarily eat like this because I am against the cruelty that these animals suffer at today's "factory farms." To eat meat and animal products is to condone the inhumane treatment that these animals receive at these farms. Eating meat and animal products would therefore be bad Karma.

I also find that maintaining my Vegan diet allows me to stay very lean in the off season and super lean during my contest prep.

I eat numerous small meals through out the day at approximately 3 hour intervals. A typical day of contest prep for me might be something as follows:

    Meal #1: 4 oz oats and a 1/4 package of tempeh
    Meal #2: 4 oz oats and a 1/4 package of tempeh
    Meal #3: 1/3 block of firm tofu with 1/2 cup brown rice and 8 oz vegetables
    Meal #4: 1/3 block of firm tofu with 10 oz vegetables
    Meal #5: 1/3 block of firm tofu with 10 oz vegetables

No comments: