Thursday, October 17, 2013

How to Make Coconut Oil Coffee

I had given up on coffee since 2009 when I received my first diagnosis.  Since completing the Gerson Therapy I have been so well, so healthy that occasionally I indulge in a cup of coffee.  I make organic coffee with coconut oil.  The energy boost comes more from the coconut than from the caffeine.  I am able to get up and run in the morning or bike ride far longer than with an empty stomach, cirtus boost or with plain coffee.  It's an occasional treat but the energy I get from this is amazing for me but it still falls in the category of an occasional treat and a usual no-no. 

How to Make Coconut Oil Coffee

I made a cup of coconut oil coffee yesterday before my morning heated power vinyasa yoga class. I prefer to do yoga 1 – 2 hours after a meal, and since my class was first thing in the morning, a cup of coffee with a little coconut oil was the perfect pre-yoga snack.
You’ll start with a hot cup of coffee.
Coffee Action Shot
And a tablespoon of coconut oil.  I’ve read some recipes that call for 2 Tbsp of coconut oil – but be warned that too much coconut oil at once can cause digestive upset if you’re new to it.  1 Tbsp works well for me.
Coconut Oil for Coffee
Yes, your coffee will have an oil slick – don’t be alarmed.
Coconut Oil Slick
Add a tablespoon or so of half and half or heavy whipping cream (or a 1/2 tbsp of each) and put in the blender.
Coffee in Vitamix
It’s a latte at home!  Coffee in the blender makes some serious foam.

No comments: